"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weird News


Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 26 pounds.

After 10 weeks on his celebrated Twinkie diet, Mark Haub has lost 26 pounds, sleeps better and has more energy.
He’s been downing Little Debbie, Twinkie and Zinger snack cakes steadily since Aug. 25.
What started as a four-week experiment stretched to last Friday because the results were so good, Haub told the Star on Monday. Now that his weight has slipped inside the “normal” Body Mass Index range, he’s working out a slightly more extravagant diet.
But Little Debbie will still feature heavily in it.
“My wife says she wishes I’d been like this the whole time we’ve been married,” the Kansas State University nutrition professor says.
As the weight dropped off, he stopped snoring and burned off his new-found energy by doing chores around the house. His cholesterol levels, once high, fell to normal.
The secret, the 41-year-old Haub contends, is how much you eat, not what you eat. 
Another link with further info on same story:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

No comments: