"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Friday, November 5, 2010

Nanny Ogg's Cookbook

As promised, here is another unique cookbook. I came across this treasure trove of recipes and practical advice on Wednesday's trip to Value Village. It would have been perfect last week as Nanny Ogg is a witch.

Not your stereotypical witch however, she sees herself as a kindhearted 'Mother' to all, imparting not only recipes but advice on everything from gardening to etiquette ie: 'If you go to other people's funerals they'll be sure to come to yours'

This is not Nanny Ogg's first attempt at releasing a cookbook, her first two cookbooks were: The Joye of Snacks which was banned, and Mother Ogg's Tales for Tiny Folk was 'withdrawn'. This time she assures us that "most of the recipes have been tried out on people who are still alive"

Here's a few recipes:

I love this one
The recipe goes on to the next page, but you get the idea!
The illustrations in this book are priceless.
Now for a few pearls of wisdom:

I hope you enjoyed this cookbook. I know I did, I may even try out a few recipes. 
If I survive, I'll let you know how they turned out.


No comments: