"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Caffeine is my shepherd

I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no Equal:
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of The Starbucks:
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the House of Mochas forever.


What’s hiding in your brew? From the 1,200-calorie “triple chocolate mocha” to a Dunkin Donuts option akin to a Big Mac and fries, The Daily Beast ranks the most fattening coffee drinks.

More than half of adults in the U.S. are daily coffee drinkers. But while caffeine may be a relatively tame vice, finding comfort in a cup can be an easy way to ruin a diet or overindulge. Coffee drinks embellished with add-ons like whipped cream, flavored syrup, melted chocolate, and steamed milk can pack as many calories as a full meal and more than the recommended daily allowance of sugar for an adult.
40 Unhealthiest Coffees

They missed one of my summertime favorites 

In fact, more than half of the coffee drinks that earned a spot on our list of the 40 most fattening have more calories and at least as much saturated fat as a McDonald’s Big Mac hamburger. The average drink on our list packs more than 17 teaspoons of sugar and more grams of carbohydrates than a typical bagel.

To cull the list of the 40 most fattening coffee drinks, The Daily Beast gathered nutritional information for drinks in 15 chain restaurants and coffee houses. Only three drink options for each restaurant were included, chosen by which has the most calories. For each drink, nutritional information for the largest size available with the most gluttonous options (whole milk, whipped cream).




No comments: