"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Roars In


March roars in like a lion
So fierce,
The wind so cold,
It seems to pierce.

The month rolls on
And Spring draws near,
And March goes out
Like a lamb so dear.
-Lorie Hill-

Well, March did indeed roar in. I know that I had banished winter from my blog, but a new month indicates that at least a nod to the weather is to be expected. It's been snow'n and blow'n for the last two days and we have a predicted high of -20C for today. As you can see, poor Aslan is shivering along with the rest of us.

I turned the page on my Inuit Art calendar. This painting by Pitseolak Niviaqsi of Cape Dorset is entitled "Walrus on the Ice" and is one of my favorites from the calendar.


The Old Farmer's 2011 Almanac has this prediction of sorts for March. I am posting it right off and wonder how correct it will prove to be. 

Bright and chilly,
then flakes willy-nilly.
Clearing,
not warming;
milder,
but storming.
Gray day for the Irish:
damp and mire-ish.
Equinox brings snowy shocks.
A flash of sun,
a splash of rain:
Is it spring again?

Not too promising of a month if this is how it's going to be! In response to our bleak outlook, I've posted another time-lapse video which is simply STUNNING. The soundtrack perfectly complements the incredible elegance of each flower. It's over nine minutes long...but worth every minute.

No comments: