"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Refrigerated Romance: Yes, That's a Royal Wedding Fridge


Just when you thought that royal wedding memorabilia couldn't get wackier, behold, the Will and Kate refrigerator!


The royal fridge and freezer, which is sold by GDHA, a U.K. distributor of GE appliances, features the more casual of the two official engagement pictures taken by photographer Mario Testino. The refrigerator is 5'9", which means you'd almost be looking at life-size versions of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Is this just another company trying to cash in on the royal wedding? Not quite. GE's UK fans actually voted for the design on Facebook, suggesting that royal mania won't, um, cool down anytime soon.
Source: Refrigerated Romance: Yes, That's a Royal Wedding Fridge

For the record, I wasn't searching for royal wedding when I stumbled across this in Time - I was reading an article about another type of 'royalty'; Elizabeth Taylor's recent passing at 79.


Ironically, I saw this (below) in the Star, at some point last week:


Since the announcement of the royal engagement, residents of Ontario have topped the list of Canadians searching for royal wedding news. Burlington comes in at number one and Hamilton at number two when it comes to searching "royal wedding," with Ottawa and Toronto coming in at the number seven and nine spots respectively.


People searching for "royal wedding" in Canada:

1. Burlington
2. Hamilton
3. Vancouver
4. Winnipeg
5. Halifax
6. Edmonton
7. Ottawa
8. Calgary
9. Toronto
10. Montreal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - and leaving your comments! I love reading them :)