"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mondays With Mireille



Bonjour! As mentioned in yesterday's post, I have decided to copy Julie Powell's project where she cooked and blogged her way through Julia Child's Mastering The Art of French Cooking. Her experiences were turned into a memoir, and ultimately, the Julie & Julia movie.


My cookbook of choice is in fact two cookbooks by Mireille Guiliano, French Women Don't Get Fat and French Women For All Seasons. The French place high importance on the ingredients, preparation and time set aside to savour the food they eat. Mireille's books not only contain delicious recipes, they also focus on helping the reader cultivate a more balanced lifestyle. This upcoming Monday, and every Monday thereafter, I will share my experience, rating and overall impressions of one recipe from either of her two books. Unlike Julie, I will not be trying out a new recipe everyday - once a week will be more than ambitious enough for me!

The remainder of each week I will continue to devote myself to serving up the banquet of trivia, weird news and lame musings you have otherwise come to expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - and leaving your comments! I love reading them :)