"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Look Up, Look Way Up...



Greetings! If you are a skygazer, you will be looking at a full moon tonight :) This full moon is often referred to as the Full Hunter's Moon, Blood Moon, or Sanguine Moon. I like the following description, courtesy of the Farmer's Almanac:

"Many moons ago, Native Americans named this bright moon for obvious reasons. The leaves are falling from trees, the deer are fattened, and it’s time to begin storing up meat for the long winter ahead. Because the fields were traditionally reaped in late September or early October, hunters could easily see fox and other animals that come out to glean from the fallen grains. Probably because of the threat of winter looming close, the Hunter’s Moon is generally accorded with special honor, historically serving as an important feast day in both Western Europe and among many Native American tribes."



Princess of Darkness lol!
Perhaps a cup would go nicely with our full moon tonight?


As promised, here are a few pics from our trip to Nelson last week. With fall colors on full display and leaves literally raining down like confetti in spots it was, needless to say, a very lovely drive.



These two were snapped at 120 km/h :)




The following were taken in Nelson:







A faithful reader forwarded me this pic today of a very pretty lane she travelled down yesterday near Erin, Ontario - looks like it should be on a postcard.




I'm pleased to say that while in Nelson, I did some shopping towards a certain holiday which is rapidly approaching... I actually started my shopping two weeks ago, with three gifts purchased for our daughter.  It feels good to get ahead of the rush and I hope to have everything 'wrapped up' literally and figuratively by the end of October. If you haven't started your shopping yet, what are you waiting for? Get out there while the weather is still beautiful! Like the chocolate bar in my bedside table: it won't be here much longer!


A few weeks ago, I stocked up on enough toilet paper and paper towels to take us through the winter. I did the same thing last fall and it was sooo nice not to have to run out in the bitter cold for these larger items. As well, last fall I also stocked up on laundry detergent, fabric softener, dishwasher tabs etc. - this is something I still need to do, hopefully over the next week or so. 



I leave you with this pic which was taken on our return trip home. 
Looks cold up in them thar mountains, doesn't it? 


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - and leaving your comments! I love reading them :)