"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Monday, December 20, 2010

Your Monday Mews



No news to report...this was probably the most boring weekend on record!


Our back deck on Sunday afternoon...

It didn't let up all weekend - festive isn't it?! 

We didn't dare venture out - it snowed quite heavily each day (if only I had that one-horse-open-sleigh to dash through the snow with that everyone keeps singing about) - that, and it would be sheer madness to try to go anywhere in the city the last Saturday before Christmas. Experience is a great teacher! One bright spot was that our daughter did some last minute shopping for me while she was out; not much keeps her at home. I wrapped gifts on Sunday afternoon and finalized the Christmas menu. I also got much closer to finishing The Dome.  

I thought this was interesting - "Christmas Unwrapped" from the Canadian perspective.





In Canadian news, Liberal MP Justin Trudeau found himself in the middle of a controversy, (he is the son of former Prime Minister, Pierre Elliott Trudeau - highly regarded, but was certainly no stranger to controversy himself) as a result of the Christmas card he sent out to his Montreal constituents. He and his family are all wearing fur-trimmed clothing in the card. Comments after a number of the articles I read were overwhelmingly in Justin's favor. Not sure what that means - maybe opinions are changing regarding the wearing of fur, or perhaps it's purely a regional reaction as most of those commenting were Canadian. 

No comments: