"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Kitschy Kitchen



My daughter & I went to Rocky Mountain Antiques last week and picked up a very cute retro dinette set for her apartment. She is a 4th year Nursing student and graduates this June. We plan to shine up the chrome over the Christmas season.




It looks great in her tiny all-white kitchen:




A few retro items she's collected or been given over the last few years:


Yes, I have been served tea from this teapawt!


When I grew up, we had a lion cookie jar which looked very similar to this one.




Yesterday afternoon we went to Strathcona Antique Mall and she picked out a few of her Christmas gifts which I have safely stowed at my house until the big day. I recall my mother having many similar items and I'm certain they were a lot cheaper their first time around! I like them - they are very cheery looking and most are in mint condition.





It's amazing how tastes in decorating change over the years. I was really into the Victorian look during the late 80's and 90's.  In fact just about everyone I knew had angels, teddy bears and dolls all over their houses. This was usually also combined with a barnyard theme in the kitchen...at least it was in mine.... I had pigs, cows and roosters everywhere and on everything!

Here's a great gift idea for a 20-something!


No comments: