"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Saturday, September 24, 2011

'Goddess of the Dawn'


This amazing picture of the Northern Lights was taken by Yuichi Takasaka on September 12 at Hidden Lake Territorial Park in Canada's Northwest Territories. It was the NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day yesterday. We used to see the aurora borealis quite often when we lived in Peace River, which is five hours north of Edmonton; and being on an acreage, we were afforded the perfect setting to appreciate them in all their glory. Some nights they were truly dazzling. Tradition was to 'whistle them down' even closer as we sat around a crackling bonfire with friends during the late summer/fall months... and you know sometimes - it almost seemed to work! One of many things I miss about country living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - and leaving your comments! I love reading them :)