"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Harvest Moon and Look at Them Apples!



A pic of the lovely full Harvest Moon
It was taken this morning at 4:30. 

The Harvest Moon, also known as the Wine Moon, 
the Singing Moon and the Elk Call Moon, 
is the full moon which occurs closest to the autumnal equinox. 
It is often mistaken for the modern day Hunter's Moon which will occur Oct. 11.



A few fall images from my walk this afternoon...

When did this happen?
Most trees are still green, but not for long.


More apples :)


Days bright as a 'Golden Delicious',
nights crisp as a 'Granny Smith':
Apples make our favourite dishes,
tempt us as the serpent did.
- Old Farmer's Almanac 'September' 2011


This may have been a great shot,
if I'd had an opportunity to move in closer and bring it into focus,
but thankfully I noted the ground beneath my feet was spongy and slightly mounded:
looking down I realized I was standing on an ant hill
and there were already two scouts crawling across my shoe...


Gorgeous color!



When I returned from my walk, I turned on CBC Radio One and 
found out about another walk taking place in Edmonton.



The annual "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" campaign.

Each year, an ever-increasing number of men, women and their families are joining the award-winning Walk a Mile in Her Shoes: The International Men's March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault & Gender Violence. A Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® Event is a playful opportunity for men to raise awareness in their community about the serious causes, effects and remediations to sexualized violence.
Here's another link with some hilarious pictures from today's event in Edmonton.

That's all for now.
I just heard on the radio that we are looking at a low of 4C overnight,
with a risk of frost in low-lying areas.

I leave you with Neil Young's Harvest Moon :)
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - and leaving your comments! I love reading them :)