The Scary Reality of a Real-Life Barbie Doll!
I stumbled across an interesting article the other day in The Huffington Post. This larger than life Barbie was built by Galia Slayen in an effort to raise awareness amongst her highschool peers about eating disorders and body image issues.
"Get Real, Barbie" statistics:
• If Barbie were an actual women, she would be 5'9" tall, have a 39" bust, an 18" waist, 33" hips and a size 3 shoe.
• Barbie calls this a "full figure" and likes her weight at 110 lbs.
• At 5'9" tall and weighing 110 lbs, Barbie would have a BMI of 16.24 and fit the weight criteria for anorexia. She likely would not menstruate.
• If Barbie was a real woman, she'd have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.
• Slumber Party Barbie was introduced in 1965 and came with a bathroom scale permanently set at 110 lbs with a book entitled "How to Lose Weight" with directions inside stating simply "Don't eat."
A great big Thanks to Elisabeth from Food and Thrift Finds for the beautiful Lenox candy dish
I received in the mail on Tuesday. I was the lucky winner of the giveaway she held a few weeks ago.
It's really lovely, in mint condition and the creamy finish is pearlized.)
Thanks again, Elisabeth!! I'm certain I will treasure this candy dish for many years.
Also, here's the cute box it was snugly tucked into.Say Cheese, Emma!