"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Monday, January 31, 2011

A Fond Farewell to January


How January is Propelled to Spring

Cruel January’s cloak of white shall yield,
Compelled to turn to green in springtime’s field,
So leaping lambs can clothe the hills again
And cattle quit the comfort of the bield.

Grim January’s gloom will end, by mirth
Expelled, as warmth returns to cheer the earth,
So birds will nest and leaves begin to spring
And dormant buds burst, bearing brand-new birth.

Harsh January’s coldness is compelled
To change, as dismal drabness is expelled.
Repelled by spring, impelled, the frost must flee;
So, doubts dispelled, to warmth we are propelled. 

C. Richard Miles



I just returned from a short jaunt about.
It's a glorious sparkling day, despite the fact that the mercury hovers at -24C



The days are ever so subtly lengthening; we noted only yesterday how much warmer 
the sun suddenly is, yet spring still seems a long ways away at this point


 Until then I will continue to revel in the beauty which surrounds me...


I like to think of it as making lemonade!

No comments: