"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Thursday, August 25, 2011


Late August now and summer begins it's gentle passage into autumn....

Everything is so lush; laden with the fullness of the season...

I came across this pretty display on a walk.
Love the textures and contrast between rustic, weathered wood and delicate flowers.

I wonder who lives here...

These are growing under trees by a pond.

What a gorgeous color!
Looks almost good enough to eat...

Do you see what I saw?

"I have always found thick woods a little intimidating, for they are so secret
and enclosed.  You may seem alone but you are not, for there are always
eyes watching you.  All the wildlife of the woods, the insects, birds, and
animals, are well aware of your presence no matter how softly you may tread,
and they follow your every move although you cannot see them."
-  Thalassa Cruso

I took a short-cut through a back alley one afternoon...
there is beauty in the most unexpected of places.
My latest Goodwill find :)
He is carved from a solid piece of stone.
Here's the real McCoy...
This was taken a couple of weeks ago at the Edmonton Zoo.
So gorgeous xx


I hope your summer has been a good one.
Mine has been wonderful.



"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
-  Celia Thaxter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - and leaving your comments! I love reading them :)