"My mind sees that I am nothing, my heart sees that I am everything, between these two poles my life unfolds."

Saturday, March 9, 2013

With Thanks and Gratitude

I have decided this will be my very last post... and if you've followed this blog for any amount of time, I realize we've already been down this road together a time or two... but let me assure you this time it's for real!

Blogging has been a joy and an obsession for me. Unfortunately, it has also felt like a waste of time and an 'obligation' and chore for the past 6 months. The truth is that I'm much happier and more productive when I'm not blogging -- or thinking about blogging. Or visiting blogs on a daily basis - much as I enjoy them.

Blogging had infiltrated every part of my life - everything was looked at as a potential post - and I no longer seemed to simply enjoy experiences for what they were - be it a trip, a movie or a conversation with someone in line at the grocery store - without feeling like I should at least run it through my blog filter... "Hmmm... is this blog-worthy?" "Should I be taking a picture?" Lol!

So, to all of my faithful followers, I bid you a fond farewell. It has been wonderful having your support and interest these past few years, and I have in turn, truly appreciated your musings - be they amusing or thought-provoking. 

I will miss you all, but a special shout-out to a few of you who are most near and dear to my heart:

Martha: Keep Plowing. Your blog is probably the most upbeat place on the whole internet!


Debra: Keep Seeking. Hopefully we'll bump into each other again someday.


John: Keep Remembering.

As far as Punk goes, I'm a lost cause... but at least we'll always have Prog Rock :)

Dianne: Tell Duffy & little Lanny I said "Hi"


Sulky: Keep up all that Sulking and Exposéing!


Francie: Keep Speaking Out


Em: Take care xx


Dezzy: Keep Spying Mr. Hollywood


Diane: Always Crave Cute


Dorothy: Give Ms. Wilma a kiss from me :)


Kay: I hope to visit Arabia Mountain someday.


Victoria: Keep Creating. You are an inspiration.


And to anyone I may have missed, please know I have appreciated you as well.




This is an amazing video on Gratitude.

I hope that you take the time to watch it someday soon.

Love and blessings to all,


Jane




(Just an fyi that I am not going to delete this blog from the net because I plan to continue to add to my Middle Earth page for my own enjoyment - and hopefully yours as well :)

18 comments:

  1. This blog has been a jewel! Thank you for everything you've shared and most especially for letting me get to know you.

    Love & blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad that you're leaving the blogosphere, Jane. But I understand your reasons. I've loved reading your blog and have really enjoyed your humour and quirkiness - you're definitely An Original! I'll miss you and wish you happiness in all that you do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. To prawda, że świat blogowy wciąga i chyba nawet za bardzo. Nie ma czasu na wiele innych przyjemności w życiu. Postawiłaś na inne przyjemności i rezygnujesz z bloga. Podziwiam Cię za to. Będzie mi jednak Ciebie brakowało w tym blogowym świecie. Jest mi smutno. Pozdrawiam i wszystkiego najlepszego w życiu.
    It is true that the world of blogging addictive and perhaps even too much. I do not have time for many other pleasures in life. Placed the other pleasures and give up the blog. I admire you for it. But I'm going to miss you in the design blog world. I'm sad. Cheers and all the best in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Jane, I'm glad to have met you and discovered your blog -- God bless you and keep you *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to your blog, but have enjoyed it for this brief time! sorry to hear you're leaving us, but your reasons are good ones. perhaps a visit from time to time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Farewell, Jane! It's true that blogging does become "a lifestyle." But once it becomes a burden or a chore, you're right to stop doing it and move on with life. Thanks for all the great posts you've written and photos you've shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, sorry to hear this, Jane :( I do understand what you're saying, blogging really is kinda like a profession, something that becomes a large part of your day. This is why I told some people who were at this crossroads that you are now, that if they still enjoy online communication and reading people's blogs they can post just once a week or two-tree times a month when they feel like it without it being an obligation. But I do know that blogging takes a lot of private life.

    We shall miss you terribly, my dear, hope you will still drop by occasionally....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, it has been a pleasure to meet you even for such a short time. But life's too short to continue with something that no longer gives you pleasure. Enjoy your freedom. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane, from the bottom of my heart, I will truly miss you! From the moment I started following you a few months ago, I have enjoyed every post you have done. I am sorry you don't enjoy blogging anymore, but I understand. I am not on facebook, or twitter, or pinterest, have I missed any? LOL! But, when I know people are on all of these, plus blogging, I don't know how they can? I have my blogging and my etsy, that's good for me. I wish you all the best and more! Many blessings my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane, I will miss you, but I understand that it can be time consuming... I wish you all the best in your new journey and I have loved to share it with you while in the blogsphere...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog has been an utter and complete delight, Jane. I always marvelled at your creativity, sense of humor and fun, and all the wonderful observations. I do understand how you feel about blogging--it does tend to take over, if we let it. You've noticed that I don't blog for awhile--sometimes I get fed up with the whole business, other times there's too much going on and I don't have the energy, and then when I have the time again, it seems hard to relate things that are in the past. I will miss your blog very much, though and am sad that I won't be able to find out what whimsicle vignettes are here. Maybe we should meet one day--we do live in the same city!! Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to read you are leaving so to speak. I had no idea that you felt that way regarding blogging...I will miss you..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll iss you, dear Jane! I understand though and support you 100%. Best wishes always and thanks for the words of encouragment! Francie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll miss you.I enjoyed reading your blog! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how I missed this post, Jane! I stumbled across it on John's blog. But here I am. I'm really sorry to see you go. You are near and dear to me. I discovered your blog quite a while back, and have been following it ever since. It has been a jewel in my list of blogs. But I do understand your reasons for doing this. If something becomes a chore, it's not fun anymore. Thankfully, I haven't reached that point yet. When I blog, I write to 'listen' to my thoughts. It's like a journal of sorts. And I toss those thoughts out - some of which are silly, really - to the universe, and - lo and behold - find interesting people along the way that hear them. And we travel along together, but I'm still finding time to enjoy everything else that is important to me. So my balance is okay so far. And I hope it remains that way because it would break my heart to lose touch with these amazing people. In any case, whenever you find yourself in Kingston, do not hesitate to contact me if you'd like to share a cup of coffee together. I'd be thrilled. No pressure, though. I leave this at your discretion. You will always be in my thoughts, and I wish you nothing but the best. Take care of yourself, and keep on dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jane,
    Oh, I will miss you. If you are ever in Atlanta, make sure you email me and we will walk up a mountain!
    Wishing you the best of luck always!
    Your friend,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jane I will miss you so! Through your blog I met many of the people who have left comments here today. You opened the door for me to a bunch of really incredible bloggers, thanks again! Take care of yourself dear. ~~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, this makes me cry. I will miss you and your beautiful photography very much! I will miss your sense of humor too.
    Sometimes I feel the same way about blogging, but then I miss my new friends and I come back. But life is too short, if blogging no longer gives you pleasure then it must be time to do something else. If you are ever in Alabama, give us a shout, Ms. Wilma and I will be glad to see you! You are a delightful person.
    Miss you much, my friend,
    Best wishes,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete